Lived: Jan 09, 1913 – Apr 22, 1994 (age 81)
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
Spouse: Pat Nixon (m. 1940 – 1993)
Vice Presidents: Gerald Ford · Spiro Agnew
Party: Republican Party
Children: Julie Nixon Eisenhower (Daughter) · Tricia Nixon Cox (Daughter)Highlights
- 1940: Richard Nixon married Pat Nixon on June 21, 1940; their marriage lasted 53 years till June 22, 1993.
- 1952: He was the running mate of Dwight D. Eisenhower, the Republican Party presidential nominee in the 1952 election.
- 1969: Nixon was inaugurated as president on January 20, 1969, sworn in by his onetime political rival, Chief Justice Earl Warren.
- 1973: In July 1973, White House aide Alexander Butterfield testified under oath to Congress that Nixon had a secret taping system that recorded his conversations and phone calls in the Oval Office.
- 1974: The legal battle over the tapes continued through early 1974, and in April 1974 Nixon announced the release of 1,200 pages of transcripts of White House conversations between him and his aides.
- 1994: He died at 9:08 p.m. on April 22, 1994, with his daughters at his bedside.
Nixon announces the release of edited transcripts of the Watergate tapes, April 29, 1974.