Born: Jun 01, 1953 (age 64) · Brooklyn, NY
Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)
Parents: Betty Broder · Joseph KleinmanHighlights
- 1953: Three years later she became pregnant with a child to whom she chose to give the surname Falco—Richard David Falco was born on June 1, 1953 in Brooklyn, New York.
- 1977: Not until August 9, 1977, did NYPD detective James Justis telephone Yonkers police to ask them to schedule an interview with Berkowitz.
- 1978: On June 12, 1978, Berkowitz was sentenced to 25-years-to-life in prison for each murder, to be served consecutively.
- 2002: Before his first parole hearing in 2002, Berkowitz sent a letter to New York Governor George Pataki asking that it be canceled.
- 2006: Neysa Moskowitz, who previously had not hidden her hatred of Berkowitz, wrote him a letter shortly before her own death in 2006, forgiving him for killing her daughter, Stacy.
- 2006: In October 2006, Berkowitz and Harmatz settled out of court, with Harmatz agreeing to return the disputed items and to donate part of his book profits to the New York State Crime Victims Board.