Born: Dec 1854 · Beveridge, Australia
Died: Nov 11, 1880 · Melbourne, Australia
Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)
Related movies: Ned Kelly
Siblings: Dan Kelly (Brother) · Alice King (Sister) · Ellen King (Sister) · John King (Brother) · Grace Kelly (Sister) · Kate Kelly (Sister) · James Kelly (Brother) · Margaret Kelly Skillion (Sister) · Anne Kelly Gunn (Sister) · Mary Jane Kelly (Sister)
Parents: John Kelly (Father) · Ellen Quinn Kelly (Mother)Highlights
- 1870: Arrested in 1870 for associating with bushranger Harry Power, Kelly was convicted of stealing horses and imprisoned for three years.
- 1874: Kelly was released from Pentridge Prison on 2 February 1874.
- 1877: On 18 September 1877 in Benalla, Kelly, while drunk, was arrested for riding over a footpath and locked-up for the night.
- 1878: Before the Jerilderie Letter, Kelly had posted a 20-page letter on 16 December 1878 to a member of the Victorian Parliament, Donald Cameron M. L. A, stating his grievances, but only a synopsis was published.
- 1879: At midnight on Saturday 8 February 1879, Ned Kelly, Dan Kelly, Hart and Byrne surrounded the Jerilderie police barracks.
- 1880: When Kelly’s attempt to derail and ambush a police train failed, he and his gang, dressed in self-made suits of metal armour, engaged in a final violent confrontation with the Victoria Police at Glenrowan on 28 June 1880.
Date: Jun 28, 1914
Date: Jun 28, 1969