Born: Apr 13, 1570 · York, United Kingdom
Died: Jan 31, 1606 · Westminster, England
Spouse: Maria Pulleyn (m. 1590)
Children: Thomas Fawkes (Son)
Education: St Peter’s School, York
Parents: Edith Fawkes (Mother) · Edward Fawkes (Father)Highlights
- 1590: Guy Fawkes married Maria Pulleyn in 1590.
- 1601: Fawkes’s fellow students included John Wright and his brother Christopher (both later involved with Fawkes in the Gunpowder Plot) and Oswald Tesimond, Edward Oldcorne and Robert Middleton, who became priests (the latter executed in 1601).
- 1604: In 1604 Fawkes became involved with a small group of English Catholics, led by Robert Catesby, who planned to assassinate the Protestant King James and replace him with his daughter, third in the line of succession, Princess Elizabeth.
- 1604: Wintour told Fawkes of their plan to “doe some whatt in Ingland if the pece with Spaine healped us nott”, and thus in April 1604 the two men returned to England.
- 1605: In an attempt to gain foreign support, in May 1605 Fawkes travelled overseas and informed Hugh Owen of the plotters’ plan.
- 1605: It is uncertain when Fawkes returned to England, but he was back in London by late August 1605, when he and Wintour discovered that the gunpowder stored in the undercroft had decayed.
Born: Feb 18, 1920 · Detroit, MI
Died: Jan 31, 1945 · Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, France
Spouse: Antoinette Wisniewski (m. 1942 – 1945)
Parents: Anna · Josef SlowikowskiHighlights
- 1942: Eddie Slovik married Antoinette Wisniewski in 1942.
- 1942: In April 1942, Slovik was paroled once more, and he obtained a job at Montella Plumbing and Heating in Dearborn, Michigan.
- 1944: Slovik arrived at Camp Wolters in Texas for basic military training on January 24, 1944.
- 1944: Tankey wrote to their regiment to explain their absence before he and Slovik reported to their unit for duty on October 7, 1944.
- 1944: Slovik was charged with desertion to avoid hazardous duty and tried by court martial on 11 November 1944.
- 1945: Eddie Slovik died on January 31, 1945 in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, France.
First episode: 1949
Episode duration: 15 minutes
Creator: Irna Phillips
Genre: Soap opera
Date: Feb 01, 1953