understanding the virtual world around you
Our sincerest goal is to provide context to the rapidly expanding virtual world around us. To better prepare for the inevitable spread of IoT, we feel that the hardware, software, security and social aspects of things might overwhelm a great portion of the population who were not born into it.
We feel that bridging the gap – be it generational, socioeconomic, across gender or race, or even simply lack of access – with honest, simple and core explanations. A place where you can ask anything, learn anything or improve your skills by participating on your own time. We feel truly this will overcome the overwhelming behemoth that is information overload and help demystify the noise – hopefully towards better understanding, comfort, education and improvement of daily lives.
Here is hoping that our grand goal comes to fruition and you can help us achieve it. I ask that you submit questions, discussion topics, ask for reviews of software, hardware or services – whatever you feel will help you better fit into this ever changing but inevitable world that is coming (or can be argued is already here and we are playing catch-up). You can use the contact form to submit anything relating to technology that you would like to know.
Here are some topics that have come up over the last few years (and by no means complete and will evolve as needed):
- computing hardware (desktop, laptop, tablet, hybrids, servers/racks)
- software (Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix, Android, iOS, Cloud)
- networking (routers, switches, VoIP, security[+], hardware, software, VPN)
- development (coding, languages[+], platforms, frameworks, web/desktop/mobile, tutorials, samples, code review, repositories)
- mobile (phones, tablets, hybrids, assistants, Android, iOS, manufacturers, design, OS, mods, root, superuser, tools, security)
- [+] these subjects run the gamut of subjects, so they will be addressed as encountered and appropriate
- … anything else you can think of, just shoot me a message and let me know