Lived: Jan 17, 1899 – Jan 25, 1947 (age 48)
Height: 5′ 10″ (1.79 m)
Spouse: Mae Capone (m. 1918 – 1947)
TV shows: The Mystery of Al Capone’s Vaults
Children: Albert Francis Capone (Son)
Buried: Mount Carmel Cemetery
Capone’s FBI criminal record in 1932, showing most of his criminal charges were discharged/dismissedHighlights
- 1918: Capone married Mae Josephine Coughlin at age 19 on December 30, 1918.
- 1920: Torrio took over Colosimo’s crime empire after Colosimo’s murder on May 11, 1920, in which Capone was suspected of being involved.
- 1926: On September 20, 1926, the North Side Gang used a ploy outside the Capone headquarters at the Hawthorne Inn, aimed at drawing him to the windows.
- 1927: In January 1927, the Hawthorne’s restaurant owner, a friend of Capone’s, was kidnapped and killed by Moran and Drucci.
- 1931: An indication of the attitude of local law enforcement to Capone’s organization came in 1931 when Belcastro was wounded in a shooting; police suggested to skeptical journalists that Belcastro was an independent operator.
- 1947: On January 25, 1947, Capone died of cardiac arrest after suffering a stroke.