Born: 1596 · Werowocomoco, VA
Died: Mar 1617 · Gravesend, United Kingdom
Spouse: John Rolfe (m. 1614 – 1617)
Children: Thomas Rolfe (Son)
Parents: Powhatan (Father)Highlights
- 1607: Pocahontas is most famously linked to the English colonist Captain John Smith, who arrived in Virginia with a hundred other settlers in April 1607, at the behest of the London Company.
- 1613: Current Mattaponi tradition holds that Pocahontas’s first husband was Kocoum, brother of the Patawomeck weroance Japazaws, and that Kocoum was killed by the English after his wife’s capture in 1613.
- 1614: Pocahontas, Alias Matoaka, and Her Descendants Through Her Marriage at Jamestown, Virginia, in April, 1614, with John Rolfe, Gentleman, Wyndham Robertson, Printed by J. W. Randolph & English, Richmond, Va., 1887
- 1614: She married him on April 5, 1614.
- 1615: Pocahontas and her husband, John Rolfe, had one child, Thomas Rolfe, who was born in January 1615.
- 1617: In 1617, the Rolfes set sail for Virginia, but Pocahontas died at Gravesend of unknown causes.
Born: 1585 · Heacham, United Kingdom
Died: 1622 · Varina Plantation, VA
Spouse: Jane Pierce (m. 1619 – 1622) · Pocahontas (m. 1614 – 1617)
Children: Thomas Rolfe (Son) · Elizabeth Rolfe (Daughter)
Parents: Dorothea Mason (Mother) · John Rolfe Sr. (Father)Highlights
- 1609: Smith’s Fort was a secondary Fort to Jamestown, begun in 1609 by John Smith.
- 1612: In 1612, Rolfe established Varina Farms, a plantation along the James River about 30 miles (50 km) upstream from Jamestown, and across the river from Sir Thomas Dale’s progressive development at Henricus.
- 1614: Rolfe married Pocahontas, daughter of the local Native American leader Powhatan, on 5 April 1614.
- 1615: John and Rebecca Rolfe travelled to England on the Treasurer, commanded by Samuel Argall, in 1615 with their young son.
- 1619: In 1619, Rolfe married Jane Pierce, daughter of the English colonist Captain William Pierce.
- 1622: Rolfe died in 1622 and his widow Jane married Englishman Captain Roger Smith three years later.
Population: 6,600 (2016)
Area: 63.17 sq miles (163.60 km²)
Travel tip: Located in the South Pacific more than 2,000 miles off the Chilean coast, Easter Island’s not the easiest place to reach. (If you’re interested, the easiest access is by air from … @tripadvisor
Location: Pacific Ocean
Capital: Hanga Roa
Governor: Melania Hotu
Author: Charles Darwin
First published: Nov 24, 1859
Number of pages: 502
Followed by: Fertilisation of Orchids
Lived: Feb 20, 1967 – Apr 05, 1994 (age 27)
Height: 5′ 10″ (1.77 m)
Spouse: Courtney Love (m. 1992 – 1994)
Children: Frances Bean Cobain (Daughter)
Member of: Nirvana · Fecal Matter · Sellouts · Stiff Woodies · Brown Towel · Pen Cap Chew · TedEdFred · Electrifiedshitfuck · Bliss · Skid Row
Parents: Wendy Cobain (Mother) · Donald Cobain (Father)