Born: 1645 · Dundee, Scotland
Died: May 23, 1701 · Wapping, United Kingdom
Romance: Elizabeth Kidd · Sarah Kidd
Children: Sarah Latham (Daughter) · Elizabeth Troup (Daughter) · Henry Rousby (Son) · William Rousby (Son) · Christopher Rousby (Son)
Parents: John Kyd (Father) · Bessie KiddHighlights
- 1691: On 16 May 1691, Kidd married Sarah Bradley Cox Oort, an English woman in her early twenties, who had already been twice widowed and was one of the wealthiest women in New York, largely because of her inheritance from her first husband.
- 1696: In September 1696, Kidd weighed anchor and set course for the Cape of Good Hope.
- 1697: Kidd killed one of his own crewmen on 30 October 1697.
- 1698: On 1 April 1698, Kidd reached Madagascar.
- 1701: He was hanged on 23 May 1701, at Execution Dock, Wapping, in London.
- 1701: William Kidd died on May 23, 1701 in Wapping, United Kingdom.
Release year: 1969
Genre: Rock, Classic Rock
Artists: The Who · London Symphony Orchestra
Adaptations: Tommy (1975) · The Who’s Tommy
Awards: Grammy Hall of Fame · Grammy Award for Best Recording Package