Lived: Jul 14, 1913 – Dec 26, 2006 (age 93)
Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
Spouse: Betty Ford (m. 1948 – 2006)
Successor: Jimmy Carter (President)
Party: Republican Party
Vice President: Nelson RockefellerHighlights
- 1948: On October 15, 1948, at Grace Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids, Ford married Elizabeth Bloomer Warren (1918–2011), a department store fashion consultant.
- 1980: Had Ford won the election, the provisions of the 22nd Amendment would have disqualified him from running in 1980, because he had served more than two years of Nixon’s remaining term.
- 1981: In April 1981, he opened the Gerald R. Ford Library in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on the north campus of his alma mater, the University of Michigan, followed in September by the Gerald R. Ford Museum in Grand Rapids.
- 2006: After his death in December 2006, the University of Michigan Marching Band played the school’s fight song for him one final time, for his last ride from the Gerald R. Ford Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 2006: After experiencing health problems, he died at home on December 26, 2006.
- 2006: Ford died on December 26, 2006, at his home in Rancho Mirage, California, of arteriosclerotic cerebrovascular disease and diffuse arteriosclerosis.
Gerald Ford – NARA – 530680