Born: Mar 25, 1911 · Chicago, IL
Died: Jan 03, 1967 · Dallas, TX
Buried: Westlawn Cemetery
Related movies: JFK
Siblings: Marion Rubenstein (Sister) · Earl Rubenstein (Brother) · Eileen Rubenstein (Sister) · Sam Rubenstein (Brother) · Hyman Rubenstein (Brother) · Ann Rubenstein (Sister) · Eva Rubenstein (Sister)Highlights
- 1911: Jack Ruby was born Jacob Leon Rubenstein on March 25, 1911 in Chicago as the son of Joseph Rubenstein (1871–1958) and Fannie Turek Rutkowski (or Rokowsky), both Polish-born, Orthodox Jews.
- 1946: In 1946, Tony Accardo allegedly asked Jack Ruby to go to Texas with Mafia associates Pat Manno and Romie Nappi to make sure that Dallas County Sheriff Steve Gutherie would acquiesce to the Mafia’s expansion into Dallas.
- 1963: On November 24, 1963, he fatally shot Lee Harvey Oswald while the latter was in police custody after being charged with assassinating U.S. President John F. Kennedy two days earlier.
- 1963: Joe Campisi and his wife visited with Jack Ruby in jail for ten minutes on November 30, 1963.
- 1966: Eventually, the appellate court agreed with Ruby’s lawyers for a new trial, and on October 5, 1966, ruled that his motion for a change of venue before the original trial court should have been granted.
- 1967: Ruby died of a pulmonary embolism, secondary to bronchogenic carcinoma (lung cancer), on January 3, 1967, at Parkland Hospital, the same facility where Oswald had died and where President Kennedy had been pronounced dead after his assassination.
Ruby about to shoot Oswald who is being escorted by Dallas police detectives Jim Leavelle and L. C. Graves.
Lived: Oct 18, 1939 – Nov 24, 1963 (age 24)
Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
Spouse: Marina Oswald Porter (m. 1961 – 1963)
Children: Audrey Marina Rachel Oswald (Daughter) · June Lee Oswald (Daughter)
Buried: Rose Hill CemeteryHighlights
- 1955: As a teenager in 1955, Oswald attended Civil Air Patrol meetings in New Orleans.
- 1956: In July 1956, Oswald’s mother moved the family to Fort Worth, Texas, and Oswald re-enrolled in the 10th grade for the September session at Arlington Heights High School in Fort Worth.
- 1956: Like all Marines, Oswald was trained and tested in shooting and he scored 212 in December 1956, slightly above the requirements for the designation of sharpshooter.
- 1961: From approximately June 1960 to February 1961, Oswald had a personal relationship with Ella German, a co-worker at the factory.
- 1961: Lee Harvey Oswald married Marina Oswald Porter on April 30, 1961.
- 1962: He lived in the Belarusian city of Minsk until June 1962, at which time he returned to the United States with Marina, his Russian-born wife, eventually settling in Dallas.