Born: Aug 07, 1954 (age 63) · Galveston, TX
Spouse: Anne Henderson Pollard (m. 1985) · Elaine Zeitz
Parents: Morris Pollard (Father) · Molly Pollard (Mother)
Education: Stanford University · Tufts UniversityHighlights
- 1984: Within a few days, in June 1984 Pollard started passing classified information to Sella.
- 1985: Jonathan Pollard married Anne Henderson Pollard on August 09, 1985.
- 1986: In late May 1986, the government offered him a plea agreement, which he accepted.
- 1987: In 1987, as part of a plea agreement, Pollard pleaded guilty to spying for and providing top-secret classified information to Israel.
- 1989: In 1989 Pollard’s attorneys filed a motion for withdrawal of his guilty plea and trial by jury due to the government’s failure to abide by terms of the plea agreement.
- 2010: The New York Times reported on September 21, 2010, that the Israeli government (again under Netanyahu) informally proposed that Pollard be released as a reward to Israel for extending by three months a halt to new settlements in occupied territories.
Jonathan Pollard, U.S. Navy I.D. picture. Scanned from Territory of Lies, Wolf Blitzer.