Born: Oct 07, 1943 (age 73) · San Antonio, TX
Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
Net worth: $5 million USD (2016)
Spouse: Betsy Stuart (m. 1967)
Children: Sarah North (Daughter) · Dornin North (Daughter) · Tait North (Daughter) · Stuart North (Son)
Awards: Silver Star · Purple Heart · Bronze Star MedalHighlights
- 1967: In 1967, North married Betsy Stuart; they have four children.
- 1989: He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard Gesell on July 5, 1989 to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours of community service.
- 1990: He resigned his Marine Corps commission in 1990 following his indictment for conspiring to defraud the United States by channeling the profits from US arms sales to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 1991: After further hearings on the immunity issue, Judge Gesell dismissed all charges against North on September 16, 1991.
- 1996: North’s candidacy was documented in the 1996 film A Perfect Candidate.
- 2013: On November 5, 2013, North’s American Heroes on the Homefront, was released.