Madagascar Independence Day
Lived: Oct 02, 1452 – Aug 22, 1485 (age 32)
Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)
Spouse: Anne Neville (m. 1472 – 1485)
Buried: Greyfriars, Leicester
Children: Edward of Middleham, Prince of Wales (Son) · John of Gloucester (Son) · Katherine Plantagenet (Daughter)
Siblings: Edward IV of England (Brother) · Edmund, Earl of Rutland (Brother) · Margaret of York (Sister) · George Plantagenet, 1st Duke of Clarence (Brother)Highlights
- 1472: Edward IV set up the Council of the North as an administrative body in 1472 to improve government control and economic prosperity and benefit the whole of Northern England.
- 1472: Following a decisive Yorkist victory over the Lancastrians at the Battle of Tewkesbury, Richard married Anne Neville, the younger daughter of the Earl of Warwick, on 12 July 1472.
- 1483: Arrangements were made for Edward’s coronation on 22 June 1483; but, before the young king could be crowned, his father’s marriage to his mother Elizabeth Woodville was declared invalid, making their children illegitimate and ineligible for the throne.
- 1483: The first, in October 1483, was led by staunch allies of Edward IV and Richard’s former ally, Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham; but the revolt collapsed.
- 1485: In August 1485, Henry Tudor and his uncle, Jasper Tudor, led a second rebellion.
- 1485: In 1485, following his death in battle against Henry Tudor at Bosworth Field, Richard III’s body was buried in Greyfriars Church in Leicester.
Release date: Aug 17, 1925 (United States)
Director: Charlie Chaplin
Gross revenue: $2.50 million USD
Music by: Charlie Chaplin · James L. Fields · Max Terr
Screenwriter: Charlie Chaplin
Awards: Kinema Junpo Award for Best Foreign Language Film
Author: J. K. Rowling
Number of pages: 223
Word count: 77,325
Series: Harry Potter
Characters: Harry Potter · Lord Voldemort · Hermione Granger · Ron Weasley · Professor Albus Dumbledore · Rubeus Hagrid · Severus Snape · Draco Malfoy · Professor Quirinus Quirrell · Dudley Dursley · The Sorting Hat · Newt Scamander · Sirius Black · Gellert Grindelwald · Vernon Dursley
Adaptations: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)