Date: Jun 21, 1964
Date: Jun 21, 1970
Champion: Brazil national football team
Born: May 29, 1955 (age 62) · Ardmore, OK
Parents: Jo Ann Moore · John Warnock Hinckley Sr.
Siblings: Scott · Diane
Education: Yale University · Texas Tech University · Highland Park High SchoolHighlights
- 1955: John Warnock Hinckley Jr. was born on May 29, 1955 in Ardmore, Oklahoma, and moved with his wealthy family to Dallas, Texas, at the age of 4.
- 1981: On March 30, 1981, at 2:27 p.m. local time, Hinckley shot a .22 caliber Röhm RG-14 revolver six times at Reagan as he left the Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C., after the president addressed an AFL–CIO conference.
- 1982: At his trial in 1982, in Washington, D.C., having been charged with 13 offenses, Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity on June 21.
- 2005: On December 30, 2005, a federal judge ruled that Hinckley would be allowed visits, supervised by his parents, to their home in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- 2011: On March 29, 2011, the day before the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt, Hinckley’s attorney filed a court petition requesting more freedom for his client, including additional unsupervised visits to the Virginia home of Hinckley’s mother, Joanne.
- 2016: Hinckley was released from institutional psychiatric care on September 10, 2016, and will live full-time at his mother’s home.