Lived: Sep 23, 1215 – Feb 18, 1294 (age 78)
Spouse: Nambui (m. 1286 – 1294) · Chabi · Tegulen Khan
Children: Zhenjin (Son) · Khutugh beki Khan (Daughter) · Toghan Khan · Tsever Khan · Qughchu Khan · Saqulghachi Khan · Manggala Khan · Dorji Khan · Khungjil Khan · Nomukhan Khan · Khulan-temur Khan · Aychi Khan
Parents: Tolui (Father) · Sorghaghtani Beki (Mother)
Buried: Burkhan Khaldun
Siblings: Ariq Böke (Brother) · Hulagu Khan (Brother) · Möngke Khan (Brother)Highlights
- 1224: On his way home after the Mongol conquest of Khwarezmia, Genghis Khan performed a ceremony on his grandsons Möngke and Kublai after their first hunt in 1224 near the Ili River.
- 1257: Möngke Khan sent two tax inspectors, Alamdar (Ariq Böke’s close friend and governor in North China) and Liu Taiping, to audit Kublai’s officials in 1257.
- 1262: In 1262, Hulagu’s complete purge of the Jochid troops and support for Kublai in his conflict with Ariq Böke brought open war with the Golden Horde.
- 1286: Kublai Khan married Nambui in 1286.
- 1287: Threatened by the advance of Kublai’s bureaucratization, Nayan a fourth generation descendant of one of Genghis Khan’s brothers, either Temüge or Belgutei, instigated a revolt in 1287.
- 1294: Nevertheless, by 1294, the year that Kublai died, the Thai kingdoms of Sukhothai and Chiang Mai had become vassal states of the Yuan dynasty.
Inventor: Ernest Beaux
Mission start: May 05, 1961
Mission end: May 05, 1961
Astronaut: Alan Shepard
Space program: Project Mercury
Lived: Mar 09, 1954 – May 05, 1981 (age 27)
Height: 5′ 10″ (1.77 m)
Spouse: Geraldine Noade (m. 1972 – 1981)
Children: Gerard Sands
Party: Sinn Féin
Parents: Rosaleen Sands (Mother) · John Sands (Father)Highlights
- 1955: His younger sisters, Marcella and Bernadette, were born in 1955 and 1958, respectively.
- 1972: In 1972, Sands joined the Provisional IRA.
- 1972: Bobby Sands married Geraldine Noade in 1972.
- 1972: In June 1972, Sands’ parents’ home was attacked and damaged by a loyalist mob and they were again forced to move, this time to the West Belfast Catholic area of Twinbrook, where Sands, now thoroughly embittered, rejoined them.
- 1980: In late 1980 Sands was chosen as Officer Commanding of the Provisional IRA prisoners in Long Kesh, succeeding Brendan Hughes who was participating in the first hunger strike.
- 1981: Sands died on 5 May 1981 in the Maze’s prison hospital after 66 days on hunger strike, aged 27.