Lived: Mar 19, 1906 – May 31, 1962 (age 56)
Height: 5′ 9″ (1.76 m)
Spouse: Veronika Liebl (m. 1935 – 1962)
Movies: The Eichmann Show
Children: Ricardo Francisco Eichmann (Son) · Dieter Helmut Eichmann (Son) · Horst Adolf Eichmann (Son) · Klaus Eichmann (Son)
Parents: Adolf Karl Eichmann (Father) · Maria Eichmann (Mother)Highlights
- 1933: After returning to Germany in 1933, he joined the Sicherheitsdienst (SD; Security Service), where he was appointed head of the department responsible for Jewish affairs—especially emigration, which the Nazis encouraged through violence and economic pressure.
- 1935: On 21 March 1935 Eichmann married Veronika (Vera) Liebl (1909–93).
- 1939: On 19 December 1939, Eichmann was assigned to head RSHA Referat IV B4 (RSHA Sub-Department IV-B4), tasked with overseeing Jewish affairs and evacuation.
- 1948: In 1948 Eichmann obtained a landing permit for Argentina and false identification under the name of “Ricardo Klement” through an organisation directed by Bishop Alois Hudal, an Austrian cleric then residing in Italy with known Nazi sympathies.
- 1960: In 1960, Eichmann was captured in Argentina by Mossad, Israel’s intelligence service.
- 1960: When Eichmann’s father died in 1960, Wiesenthal made arrangements for private detectives to surreptitiously photograph members of the family, as Eichmann’s brother Otto was said to bear a strong family resemblance and there were no current photos of the fugitive.
Date: Apr 11, 1981