Lived: Apr 20, 1889 – Apr 30, 1945 (age 56)
Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
Spouse: Eva Braun (m. 1945 – 1945)
Children: Jean-Marie Loret (Son)
Founded: Nazi Party · Schutzstaffel · Hitler Youth · Gestapo · Sturmabteilung · Wehrmacht · Waffen-SS · 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler
Parents: Alois Hitler (Father) · Klara Hitler (Mother)Highlights
- 1918: His wartime experience reinforced his German patriotism and he was shocked by Germany’s capitulation in November 1918.
- 1923: On 8 November 1923 Hitler and the SA stormed a public meeting of 3,000 people organised by Kahr in the Bürgerbräukeller, a beer hall in Munich.
- 1934: In August 1934, Hitler appointed Reichsbank President Hjalmar Schacht as Minister of Economics, and in the following year, as Plenipotentiary for War Economy in charge of preparing the economy for war.
- 1936: In August 1936, in response to a growing economic crisis caused by his rearmament efforts, Hitler ordered Göring to implement a Four Year Plan to prepare Germany for war within the next four years.
- 1938: In early 1938, in the wake of the Blomberg–Fritsch Affair, Hitler asserted control of the military-foreign policy apparatus, dismissing Neurath as foreign minister and appointing himself Oberster Befehlshaber der Wehrmacht (supreme commander of the armed forces).
- 1945: In the final days of the war, during the Battle of Berlin in 1945, Hitler married his long-time lover, Eva Braun.