Lived: Sep 07, 1533 – Mar 24, 1603 (age 69)
Related movies: Elizabeth · Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Parents: Henry VIII of England (Father) · Anne Boleyn (Mother)
Siblings: Mary I of England (Sister) · Edward VI of England (Brother) · Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset (Brother)
Children: Piers FitzThomas Butler
Speeches: Speech to the Troops at Tilbury · The Golden SpeechHighlights
- 1558: Elizabeth’s intention had been to exchange Le Havre for Calais, lost to France in January 1558.
- 1563: It was her first venture into France since the retreat from Le Havre in 1563.
- 1564: In 1564, Elizabeth raised Dudley to the peerage as Earl of Leicester.
- 1578: Public tributes to the Virgin by 1578 acted as a coded assertion of opposition to the queen’s marriage negotiations with the Duke of Alençon.
- 1584: In December 1584, an alliance between Philip II and the French Catholic League at Joinville undermined the ability of Anjou’s brother, Henry III of France, to counter Spanish domination of the Netherlands.
- 1594: The queen’s personal authority was lessening, as is shown in the 1594 affair of Dr. Lopez, her trusted physician.
- 1603: She died on 24 March 1603 at Richmond Palace, between two and three in the morning.
Address: Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG
Phone: 020 7323 8299
Founder: Hans Sloane
Architects: Robert Smirke · Sydney Smirke · Robert Hooke · John Russell Pope · John James Burnet · Spencer de Grey · John Taylor
Artwork owned: Rosetta Stone · Isabella Brant
Date: Jan 15, 1967
Champion: Green Bay Packers
Runners-up: Kansas City Chiefs
Date: Jan 15, 2009